STRESS SAVER® 370 gaskets feature raised, molded-in sealing rings and seal with 75% less surface area for high performance in non-metallic flanges. Its pure PTFE sealing surface resists many chemicals and the contaminant-free EPDM body is ideal for a variety of high purity applications.
- Raised, molded-in sealing rings seal with 75% less surface area for high performance in non-metallic flanges (Flat face flanges strongly recommended)
- Pure PTFE sealing surface resists many chemicals
- Contaminant-free EPDM is ideal for electronics*, pharmaceutical and food industries**
- Proprietary process bonds PTFE to elastomer, won't delaminate or leach
- Special packaging for high-purity applications
* Tested by BALASZ Labs for trace metal extractables, Anions, Cations, and T.O.C.s. Results available on request.
** Consult Garlock Applications Engineering for FDA information.
- Available in ASME and DIN sizes
- Min. Temperature: -40°F / -40°C
- Max. Temperature: 300°F / 149°C
- Max. Pressure: 250 PSI / 17 bar
- Maximum PxT 1/8: 50,000 (°F x PSIG) / 1,717 (°C x bar)
- Chemical processing
- Electronics, semi-conductor
- Pulp and paper
The STRESS SAVER® XP a blend of high performance fluoroelastomers, molded with the same rib configuration as the rest of the STRESS SAVER family of products. In addition, the STRESS SAVER XP is National Sanitation Foundation (NSF) Standard 61/372-certified for use in drinking water systems and carries the Lubrizol FBC™ System Compatible certification making it suitable for use in CORZAN (CPVC) Piping.
- Raised, molded-in sealing rings seal with 75% less surface area for high performance in non-metallic flanges (Flat-face flanges strongly recommended)
- Lower seating stress than expanded or specialty PTFE gaskets; ideal for nonmetallic flanges
- High-performance fluoroelastomer resists a variety of chemicals
- Outperforms PTFE envelope gaskets
- Won't fail due to filler attack, unlike conventional PTFE envelope gaskets
- Requires lower seating stress to seal in flat face flanges
- Eliminates envelope fold-over during installation
- Outperforms standard fluoroelastomer
- More resistant to severe chemicals
- Performs well in steam
- Exhibits improved heat resistance
- Min. Temperature: -15°F / -26°C
- Max. Temperature: 400°F / 204°C
- Max. Pressure: 250 PSI / 17 bar
- Maximum PxT ⅛: 50,000 (°F x PSIG) 1,717 °C x bar)
- Most hydrocarbons
NSF 61/372 approved for use potable (drinking) water
FBC™ System Compatible indicates that this product has been tested, and is monitored on an ongoing basis, to assure its chemical compatibility with FlowGuard Gold®, BlazeMaster® and Corzan® piping systems and products made with TempRite® Technology. The FBC System Compatible Logo, FBC™, FlowGuard Gold®, BlazeMaster®, Corzan®, and TempRite® are trademarks of Lubrizol Advanced Materials, Inc. or its affiliates.
Manufactured from 100% pure PTFE and utilizing our proprietary GYLON® process, the 3545 TUFF-RAIL® gasket is specifically designed to help address those difficult installation and sealing requirements of manways. Formulated to compress and conform, the 3545 TUFF-RAIL® is easily installed with excellent load retention, maintaining a tight seal even during heavy vibration and thermal cycling. The patent pending technology incorporates raised ribs to insure the gasket performs under the limited bolt load and the narrow seating surface of the nozzle.
- Manufactured with 100% pure PTFE for universal chemical resistance
- Proprietary GYLON® 3545 and raised sealing ribs offer excellent creep resistance and long term bolt load retention
- Highly compressible for low load sealing on less than ideal flange surfaces
- Tough, reliable and reusable—ideal for heavy vibration, thermal cycling, and over-torqueing
- Engineered to a single size to fit the most common manways simplifying inventory (AAR-1, UTC-1, TRN-1)
- Unlimited shelf life and high crush resistance - issues commonly associated with rubber gaskets
- The TUFF-RAIL® patent pending technology relies on unique materials & advanced design for superior performance
- 100% Microcellular PTFE with rigid PTFE center layer
- Min. Temperature: -450°F / -268°C
- Max. Temperature: 500°F / 260°C
- Creep Relaxation (ASTM F38) %: 15
- Compressibility (ASTM F36) %: 60-70
- Recovery (ASTM F36) %: >15
Not available in Europe
ERITH Gaskets successfully meet the goals and standards set forth by the U.S. Pharmacopeia, Class VI certification, passes cytotoxicity criteria and complies with Title 21 CFR 177.2600 standards. Our certification is an endorsement of our commitment to provide you with quality products that meet the highest sanitary standards and purity criteria. NAMSA, a world leader in testing services for the medical device industry, has certified our PTFE, fluoroelastomers, platinum silicone and EPDM hygienic seals.
Style 9900 gasket is composed of graphite fibers with a nitrile binder, allowing it to withstand extreme conditions. This high temperature gasket has passed Garlock® fire tests and is ABS Fire Safe Type Approved.
- Withstands extreme temperatures and pressures, as well as many chemicals
- Passed Garlock® Fire tests, and is ABS Fire-Safe Type Approved
- Long-lasting seal
- Available in sheet or cut gasket form
- Min. Temperature: -100°F / -73°C
- Max. Temperature: 1000°F / 537°C
- Continuous Max: 650°F / 343°C
- Max. Pressure: 2,000 PSI / 138 bar
- Maximum PxT 1/16: 700,000 (°F x PSIG) / 25,000 (°C x bar)
- Maximum PxT 1/8: 350,000 (°F x PSIG) / 12,000 (°C x bar)
- Ideal for standard ANSI flanged connectors, as well as turbine crossover piping connectors
- Power generation
- Chemical processing
- Hydrocarbon processing
- Other industries
*Minimum recommended assembly stress = 4,800psi. Preferred assembly stress = 6,000-10,000psi. Gasket thickness of 1/16" strongly preferred. Retorque the bolts/studs prior to pressurizing the assembly. For saturated steam above 150psig, consult Garlock® Engineering.
High Temperature Cut Gaskets and Sheets
THERMa-PUR® is yet another innovative sealing solution that provides more than just temperature resistance. Style 4122 is designed for use in high temperature sealing applications. It is produced using an environmentally friendly solvent-free process and combines a unique formulation with traditional quality. THERMa-PUR® out performed vermiculite based gaskets in laboratory testing, showing significantly less leakage even in extreme thermal cycling condition.
- Extreme Temperature - Able to withstand high temperature, whether continuous or in thermal cycling conditions
- Chemical Resistance - Proprietary fomulation is resistant to a broad range of chemicals: Titanium Tetrachloride, molton salts and other heavy oxidizers
- Oxidation Resistance - Contains proprietary materials that provide improved weight loss characteristics over other high temperature solutions
- Hydrophobic (water resistant) - Resists water and provides electrical isolation thus reducing the possibility of corrosion between flanges made of dissimilar metals
- Easy Release from Flanges - Does not stick to flanges making removal of gaskets easy and fast
- Continuous Max: 1832°F / 1000°C
- Pressure: 500(34.5) psig(bar)
- Chemical Compatibility- Please consult Applications Engineering
- Gasket Factor ‘M’- 3.0
- Gasket Factor ‘Y’- 10,000
Typical Physical Properties
- ASTM Test Method F36 Compressibility Range 35-45%
- ASTM Test Method F36 Recovery 18%
- ASTM F38 Creep Relaxation 25%
- ASTM F152 Tensile with insert 1,200 (8.3) psi (N/mm2)
- ASTM F1315 Density 85 (1.36) lbs./ft3 (grams/cm3)
- ASTM D149 Dielectric Properties 100 volts/mil.
- Marine and Land-based Exhaust Systems
- Biomass Gasification Process
- Oil and Gas Production
- Mineral and Fertilizer Processing
- Incineration Process
- Co-generation Systems
- Turbochargers Equipment
- Process Drying Equipment
- Cut and Sheet Gaskets (Style 4122-FC)
- THERPHONIC® Corrugated Metal Gasket (Style 4122-CMG)
- Kammprofile (Style 4122-KAMM)
- THERMa-PUR® Spiral Wound (Style 4122-SW) available in filler only or filled faces
NSF/ANSI 61 Certified Gasket Materials for Potable (Drinking) Water Systems
NSF standards ensure that drinking water is clean, safe and cover almost all components used in municipal water systems.
This certification has become a requirement for many customers to ensure the sealing element contains no contaminants that could leach out of the gasket into your
drinking water. ERITH offers 6 different gasketing products that are NSF/ANSI 61 certified: GYLON® 3505, GYLON® 3522, MULTISWELL, ™ 3760-U, STRESS SAVER® XP, 3505 STRESS SAVER® and Style 98206 (EPDM).
We recommend GYLON® Styles 3502, 3503 or 3505. These gaskets are specially manufactured and packaged to eliminate contamination by organic material.
The two best GRAPH-LOCK styles to evaluate in oxygen service are GRAPH-LOCK 3123 and 3128. These styles should be limited to 650°F in oxygen. Style 3123 (1/16″ maximum thickness) is made of homogeneous graphite and style 3128 is made of homogeneous graphite bonded to multiple layers of stainless steel. Laminated graphite (GRAPH-LOCK 3125) and metal inserted graphite (GRAPH-LOCK 3125SS, 3124/3126 and 3125TC) all contain an adhesive, which is not recommended in oxygen (O2) service.