The graphite-containing INCONEL® filament reinforces the packing to handle BWR (General Electric) and PWR (Westinghouse, Combustion Engineering, and Babcock Wilcox) valve service conditions as an end-ring material for use with other graphite products. Style 1398 can also be used as a bushing material in the bottom of the stuffing box to fill any excess depth not needed for sealing components.
- High-purity graphite, contains no PTFE
- Suitable material for end rings or as a bushing to fill excess stuffing box depth
- Garlock style 1398 can be certified to GE Spec. D50YP12 Rev. 2
- Min. Temperature: -328°F / -200°C
- Max. Temperature: 850°F / 455°C
- Max. Valve Pressure: 3,000 psi / 206.8 bar
- Nuclear Grade
INCONEL is a registered trademark of Huntington Alloys Corporation.
Designed for critical valve applications, G-700 has been tested by independent laboratories and has successfully met the difficult specifications required by the power generation industry. No PTFE or lubricants are added - only graphite dispersion.
- Very low coefficient of friction
- Totally non-abrasive in valve applications
- Ideal for critical valve applications (used as end rings only) in nuclear and power generation industries
- Tested by independent laboratories
- Excellent used as end rings (anti-extrusion) in combination sets with GRAPH-LOCK® material
- Contains no PTFE or other lubricants
- Totally non-abrasive; very low coefficient of friction
- Will not fray
- Max. Temperature: 850°F / -200°C
- Max Valve Pressure: 4,000 psi / 276 bar
- Nuclear Industry
- Power Generation Industry
- MIL-P-24583B (SH)
- General Electric Spec. D50YP12 Rev. 2 dated October 1992